InshaAllah, Ramadan will begin on FRIDAY, JULY 20th.
The WCM Ramadan Prayer Schedule can be downloaded HERE. Printed copies are also available at the mosque.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
First Taraweeh: Thursday July 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Eid Al-fitr: Sunday Aug. 19, 2012 (projected date); prayer location, TBA.
TARAWEEH START TIME:
Taraweeh will last approximately 25-30 minutes. It begins 2 minutes after Isha’. Led by Ammar Khatib, Muhyee Al-Deen, Yasir Ali and Ala’ Ibrahim.
MAGHRIB AND ISHA’ TIMES:
Maghrib: 10 mins after Athan (times are on the Ramadan schedule which can be downloaded above).
WEEK 1: July 20 - 27 ISHA AT 11:25 PM
WEEK 2: July 28 - August 3 ISHA AT 11:20 PM
WEEK 3: August 4 - 10 ISHA AT 11:05 PM
WEEK 4: August 11 - 18 ISHA AT 10:45 PM
THINGS TO REMEMBER DURING RAMADAN:
1. ZAKAT Al-FITR: is estimated to be $10.00 for every member of your household. This is payable anytime during the month of Ramadan and must be paid before Eid Salah.
2. STRIVE TO BE YOUR BEST: Remember Allah, read Qur’an, give charity, be kind, courteous and patient.
1. PLEASE KEEP THE MASJID CLEAN by helping to clean up after iftars and suhur. Do not leave food in the masjid. Throw away garbage wherever you see it.
2. RECYCLING: As Muslims we must PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. Please use the blue boxes to recycle any plastic bottles, aluminum cans and paper products.
3. WATER BOTTLES: Please bring your own water bottles to prevent waste and accumulation of plastic bottles at the masjid.
4. CHILDREN: Please note that WCM does not provide childcare during Taraweeh, therefore parents need to monitor their children during prayer. Prayers will run very late this year, and children will be very tired and restless. We encourage parents to arrange childcare at home.
5. PARKING: Please park in designated areas. IF YOU BLOCK OTHER CARS, YOU MAY BE TOWED AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS AND PARK PROPERLY. IF THERE IS NO MORE SPACE IN THE PARKING LOT, YOU MUST PARK ON THE STREET.
6. CELL PHONES: PLEASE TURN YOUR PHONES OFF DURING JUM'UA AND TARAWEEH.
7. SECURITY: If you notice any suspicious activity, please report it to Br. Idris Knapp, Building Manager. Theft of shoes and bikes have been reported between Maghrib and Isha’. Please keep your valuables safe and secure.