Mission and Vision
Winnipeg Central Mosque Inc. is committed to establishing and maintaining a facility for Muslim worship in the heart of Winnipeg. All are welcome and invited to use the space for their spiritual, educational and social needs.
Our Vision is to maintain the Winnipeg Central Mosque as a grassroots facility that serves the Muslim community while promoting connectivity with the Winnipeg community at large. We strive to be:
1. An upright place that promotes the values of moderation, kindness, charity, forgiveness, patience, perseverance and neighbourliness, in the spirit of Islamic teachings.
2. A welcoming place for people of all backgrounds seeking an understanding of Islam and Muslims.
3. A family-friendly facility where people young and old, men, women and children are treated with respect and equality. A physical barrier to segregate the sexes will not be erected in this mosque to encourage a family and community environment.
4. A peaceful sanctuary where people can come to worship and gather in tranquility.
5. An egalitarian place where attitudes of racism and sexism are NOT tolerated whatsoever. Discussions expressing ideas or attitudes that support racism, misogyny, terrorism, extremism or any form of hate speech either oral, written or in multimedia format will not be allowed in this mosque. Politically charged events and discussions are not permitted in this mosque.
6. A community-oriented place that brings together a group of worshippers who will be gracious and helpful neighbours to the surrounding local community and support an atmosphere of peace, tolerance and cross-community sharing.
7. An interfaith space that provides a venue for faith communities to interact in a peaceful and harmonious atmosphere.
8. An informative place where access to other community services can be acquired.
9. A green space where environmentalism is promoted and practiced.
10. A charitable place where humanitarian and charitable causes are supported.
11. An inclusive place that enables an eclectic management body reflecting the community’s diversity in gender, culture, age, socio-economic and educational backgrounds. To avoid the prominence of a specific cultural group or religious school of thought, WCM will not employ a designated imam, but with rather invite a variety of khateebs (orators) and imams (prayer leaders) to participate in worship services.
|Fajr||5:49 AM||6:15 AM|
|Dhuhr||12:42 PM||1:00 PM|
|Asr||3:32 PM||3:45 PM|
|Maghrib||6:06 PM||6:16 PM|
|Isha||7:35 PM||8:00 PM|
12:45 PM 1:15 PM